TCAFC takes the field for the first time.

BELLINGHAM, WA – On Saturday, May 20th, talent from around our local communities came together to play for the Tri-Cities Alliance Football Club. The team took the field together for the first time at beautiful Phillips 66 Soccer Park in Bellingham, WA against a tough Bellingham United F.C. Reserve squad.

“It was great seeing the team out there,” Ramiro De La Mora said. As the team’s General Manager, his job is to assemble the best talent from the area on to one squad. “I’ve known about the talent in this area for a long time. I’m just glad the rest of Washington is starting to take notice we are here!”

The team’s Operations Manager, Zachary Sansom, echoed those sentiments. “The team that Ramiro has assembled is only scratching the surface. With a few more training sessions, this team will be ready to make some noise across the state and compete at a high, high level.”

The game kicked off at 3:15PM local time. The team showed the effects of a long road trip early, allowing Dane Thurston (BUFC) to score off a loose ball inside the box. However, it didn’t take long for the team to answer back. Andres Arroyo (TCAFC) equalized with a chip over the Bellingham keeper for the first ever goal in Tri-Cities Alliance FC history.

The first goal TCAFC’s history, courtesy of Andres Arroyo.

“For a new team like TC Alliance, we knew it would be a difficult game but we managed to come out strong in both halves,” Arroyo said about the match. “Scoring the first ever goal for this team was very intense and exciting. It was good being able to help the team by putting us back on track and giving us confidence to play our game. I’m looking forward to scoring more goals and helping this team succeed.”

After a few back and forth minutes, Cody Franzen (BUFC) capitalized off an intercepted pass and made it 2-1, Bellingham United FC. Not to be outdone by his brother, Uriel Arroyo danced his way into the box several minutes later and equalized for the away team. The teams headed into the half tied with 2 goals apiece.

TCAFC fights until the end against Bellingham United FC.

Shortly after the second half was underway, Ivan Colin (BUFC) hit a half-volley rocket from outside of the 18-yard box to give the home team a 3-2 lead that they never relinquished.

Despite the score, the TCAFC squad fought until the end and had multiple opportunities to equalize. A brilliant curling free kick was kept out of the net by an excellent save from the Bellingham keeper. The subsequent corner kick found an Alliance FC player in the box but the shot was just over the top cross bar.

“The team showed great fight and composure,” JD Loveless, the team’s Business Manager, said of the game. “They equalized twice and almost equalized at the end of the match. They never quit. We couldn’t have asked for any more from the guys and we couldn’t be prouder.”

“The team showed what Tri-Cities soccer is all about,” agreed Ramiro.